Welcome to another episode of The Small Business Show. Today, Ellie Diop, the Founder of Ellie Talks Money and the CEO and Founder of Ellievated Academy, joins us to dive into the dynamic world of social media.
Following a start in sales and customer retention, Diops’ professional career moved to sales management, training, and leadership development. She fell in love with the “Art of Leadership” while serving as the Head of Sales for a start-up in her most recent position, and she experienced firsthand the beneficial effects of effective leadership on an organization’s performance.
1. Even though social media might be overwhelming, Ellie advises business owners to begin with one or two social media channels. This will lessen the stress caused by attempting to utilize every social platform. For example, if you start with Instagram, pair it with TikTok since they have similar layouts.
2. As business owners, Diop advises you to create content that would educate potential clients on what your business can do for them.
3. Ellie asserts, “Video marketing is so powerful because it allows you to be relatable and human, which creates early on trust that will ultimately lead to the expansion of your business.”
4. Reels are the most critical aspect of creating content on social media. Diop explains that three out of five posts should be reels or videos.
5. Getting leads, such as emails on your email list, is one of the initial objectives for businesses to concentrate on when utilizing social media platforms.
6. Offer free tools or resources to attract more leads because, generally speaking, the more email addresses you have, the more revenue you may produce.
“Building a friendship with your followers leads to sales.” – Ellie Diop