Welcome to another episode of The Female Founder Show with Bridget Fitzpatrick, Co-founder of ASBN and CBT Automotive Network. The Female Founder is a show about helping women grow their businesses and reach their full potential. Joining us on today’s episode is a remarkable gust whose journey from content creator to author and successful entrepreneur has inspired countless individuals. Lauren Speed Hamilton is the creative force behind her own brand and is a passionate advocate for women in business.
Lauren Speed Hamilton is a Detroit-born content creator and the CEO of The Speed Brand, an Atlanta-based creative agency that helps artists through digital marketing, art direction, community development, and various kinds of social media.
1. The Speed Brand was created based on frustration. As a fresh graduate, finding a job in the media field was difficult, so Speed Hamiltion started her own company, allowing her to pave her way to success.
2. According to Speed Hamilton, “Social media is like having children or siblings. Each of them is unique and admirable in their own special way.”
3. Instagram can be looked at as a personal magazine for photographs and personal storyboarding. TikTok is great for search engines and younger audiences. “I look at TikTok as the behind-the-scenes fun way to sell.” YouTube is great for your own network.
4. Later this quarter, Speed Hamilton will launch a non-profit, inspired by both of her grandmothers, spreading love and kindness even to those who weren’t “family.” By continuing their legacy throughout the community, Speed Hamilton wants to aid women’s and children’s mental health, financial literacy, art, and creative endeavors.
5. Burnout can be challenging to avoid, so Speed Hamilton says rest and recovery are crucial. She notes, “Even if you have to take five to ten minutes throughout your day, use it to journal, walk around, or even practice meditation.
6. Speed Hamilton encourages entrepreneurs to “Do what you love, do what you’re passionate about, and the people with negative things to say- remember it’s more about them and has nothing to do with you.”
7. If you want to get into content creation, Speed Hamilton advises entrepreneurs to just start. “Don’t get discouraged: Be yourself, be truthful, authentic, you already have the tools at your disposal, so just start.”
“The best thing you can do is just be yourself.” – Lauren Speed Hamilton