Whether you’re a seasoned entrepreneur, a small business owner, or someone with aspirations to break into the business-to-business (B2B) market, we’ve got you covered. On today’s episode of The Small Business Show, we’re discussing business-to-business growth with B2B Growth Advisor, founder of Same Side Selling Academy, keynote speaker, and author, Ian Altman.
Altman is a B2B keynote speaker and strategic adviser who works with companies to modernize their marketing, sales, and customer experience strategies to understand better how customers make decisions, gain the reputation of being a trusted advisor, and significantly increase revenue.
1. In the sales world, you can either show up as a salesperson or someone who is there to solve problems.
2. When planning for growth, according to Altman, “The biggest thing is being highly attuned to the problems they solve for their customers.” He further explains that the most significant growth strategy focuses on the problems you will solve, not just what you sell.
3. Fundamentally, growing requires trust. Altman elaborates on trust: “Not so much can they trust you as a business, but can they trust you’ll deliver the outcome they need.”
4. Business should always be results-driven, but Altman believes there are two things their clients must do. First, Do they believe in your ability to fulfill your promise? The second is: Do they think they can take advantage of it and get results on their own?
5. Artificial intelligence is a tool, not an end-all-be-all. Altman encourages B2B to use AI as an asset to how you approach your problems, but it won’t solve them for you.
6. The three cornerstone of success for any organization is:
- Have a standard process that everyone follows.
- Have a playbook on how to deal with objections.
- Invest in coaching and mentoring your salespeople.
“Sales is about seeing the world though your clients eyes, not your own.” – Ian Altman