Every morning presents another chance to win the day and achieve success. However, these new opportunities can be challenging to identify, leading many entrepreneurs and small business owners to give up on their goals before ever giving them a chance.
On this episode of The Small Business Show, host Jim Fitzpatrick is joined by James Whittaker, executive coach, best-selling author, keynote speaker and host of the “Win the Day Podcast.” Whittaker has helped thousands of entrepreneurs, managers and business owners push their boundaries and achieve more success than they ever thought possible. On his podcast, he discusses the key strategies to becoming a top performer and connects listeners with experts in leadership and personal development through in-depth interviews. Now, he shares his “win the day” system and the simple process of uncovering success in any environment.
1. Whittaker developed his “win the day” attitude to overcome the anxiety and stress he experienced navigating the early years of his career.
2. Waking up in the right mood is essential to having a good day. To enter the morning with the right mindset, Whittaker recommends setting up to three goals for the day.
3. Key components of Whittaker’s “win the day” strategy are the three tenets of the W.I.N. (Wonder, Intent, Nurture) method.
- Wonder: one must approach life with curiosity and a willingness to experience new things in order to continually grow.
- Intent: one must be purposeful throughout their day to ensure they are always on track to meet their goals.
- Nurture: one must consistently train one’s ability to navigate adversity by exposing oneself to uncomfortable experiences.
4. Entrepreneurs have two purposes they must align: their personal purpose and their career purpose. Only when these two are clearly defined and working in harmony can one determine their values and achieve growth.
5. Even though the year is coming to a close, entrepreneurs still have time to achieve their annual goals. By identifying the opportunities they have access to and the relationships standing in their way, business owners can overcome any challenge and win the day for themselves and their enterprises.
"Each day, if we do not make the decision to win, you have automatically made the decision to lose." — James Whittaker