Success in sales ultimately comes down to three things. On the latest episode of The Small Business Show, Matt Easton, Sales Coach, Consultant, and Founder of Easton University, breaks down these factors and highlights how business owners leverage them to excel in sales.
Sales can be complex, but Easton makes it a whole lot easier, more predictable, less stressful, and more fun. Forget about making assumptions, experimenting, and the never-ending cycle of trying to figure everything out on your own. Instead, let Easton assist you in increasing sales by using a tried-and-true systematic approach to closing deals.
1. According to Easton, most salespeople fail in their endeavors because they do not follow the three-step component ladder to achieve success. The items on the ladder are:
- Your skill set,
- Your belief system, and
- Your daily activities.
2. Most entrepreneurs limit their belief system because it’s based on others’ negative experiences. Therefore, “It’s vital business owners take inventory of your current belief system,” says Easton.
3. Once entrepreneurs adjust their beliefs, they can concentrate on honing their skill set. Easton asserts there are 100 people who can help you with the tools and resources required to adjust your skills. Next, evaluate your daily activities that will work towards your next steps.
4. Easton guarantees that all it takes for entrepreneurs to have a long and successful sales career is to alter their mindset, acquire new abilities, and move up the activity ladder.
5. Easton claims entrepreneurs should put in writing the values they once bought into but no longer wish to subscribe to. “Make a list of the things you didn’t do that you need to start and the skills you need to improve.”
“If the ladder lacks steps or has one of its two support poles missing, it is impossible to climb.” – Matt Easton