One in five Americans has reported to have left a job in the past five years due to hostile company culture. On today’s episode of The Small Business Show, we’re joined by Matt Mayberry, CEO, keynote speaker, and author. Matt’s newest book, “Culture is the Way: How Leaders at Every Level Build an Organization for Speed, Impact, and Excellence,” explores how leaders at every level can unleash the full potential of their employees.
In the book, Culture Is the Way: How Leaders at Every Level Build an Organization for Speed, Impact, and Excellence, management consultant, keynote speaker, and former NFL player Matt Mayberry provides an insightful and practical guide to maximizing productivity and employee engagement. You will learn how leaders at all levels can generate an environment that fosters organizational success and allows each worker to reach their greatest potential.
1. MayBerry’s book addresses the misconceptions behind what others believe culture stands for. For example, Mayberry believes, “Culture is viewed as fluff or something soft, and the book’s first half focuses on those negative misconceptions.”
2. The second half provides an actionable handbook and highlights how leaders can inspire team members and help them become the best version of themselves while accelerating their growth strategies.
3. Being a former athlete gave Mayberry the perspective that culture is everything.
4. In the business world, the one thing that the competition cannot copy is your internal culture, which Mayberry defines as “the behavior at scale.”
5. Mayberry believes that culture can be taught, but it starts at the leadership level. Within his book, he outlines a five-step process on how to achieve world-class culture.
6. Culture isn’t just about satisfying your team, but it’s the driving mechanism to execute your strategy in the marketplace.
“Culture is the most important thing because it’s how your organization behaves; it’s the DNA of any and every organization.” – Matt Mayberry