On today’s episode of the ASBN exclusive: The Small Business Show, we delve into the world of goal execution with Melanie Borden. Borden is the managing member of The Borden Group and Marketing Consultant.
Melanie Borden has worked in marketing throughout her career, from public tech companies to private start-ups, retail, and now has established her own marketing consulting agency. As a natural outgrowth of her work as a marketing executive, Melanie recognized the opportunities available to use online marketing strategies to build corporate and personal brands. Her expertise includes marketing oversight and implementation, such as building in-house agencies, budgeting, strategically using vendors, enhancing digital footprints via social media, reputation management, online monetization, and building and managing advertising processes.
1. Borden began her marketing journey with LinkedIn; with that, several C-suits and SMB owners reached out for help with their marketing efforts.
2. Motivation and drive are not qualities everyone possesses, nor can they be taught. But according to Borden, “If there’s something you want, you need to work for it.”
3. Melanie recommends that other business owners use the instruments, such as technology, to help you reach your desired goal.
4. The goal-setting process can also be streamlined by reconstructing the brainstorming stage, such as reverse engineering.
5. Broden encourages SMB owners to implement collective group stand-ups to bring goals, questions, and concerns in a group setting. But remember that not every goal-setting strategy works for every company.
6. When seeking more engagement on your company’s website, “Link everything in your comments section, which will amplify your niche and post.”
“Decide what you want, write it down, make a plan, and be relentless in executing your plan every single day.” – Melanie Borden