In today’s fast-paced and technology-driven world, businesses constantly seek new ways to stay ahead of the competition and improve their bottom line. One such way is by leveraging the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to streamline operations and enhance customer experiences. With the rise of AI adoption, companies are keen to explore how this cutting-edge technology can benefit their business. In this context, Dr. Lisa Palmer, Chief AI Strategist, and Keynote Speaker, shares her insights on how businesses can unlock the true potential of AI in the latest episode of The Small Business Show.
1. As someone with a background in technology and executive leadership in the corporate world, Dr. Palmer advises business owners to view technology as a tool rather than an obstacle. She emphasizes that AI is an empowering tool that businesses can use in two ways:
- To drive up productivity.
- To drive new revenue.
2. Dr. Palmer encourages business owners to learn how to use large language models, as they are easy to use and just like any other business resource. She recommends getting a ChatGPT account if one doesn’t have it already.
3. In the next few years, Dr. Palmer believes the industry will continue to see the growth of what’s possible via consumer-facing AI tools, and it will be embedded in every part of our lives. For instance, we have seen product recommendations on Amazon for years, and AI will become even more pervasive. “Those who start using these tools early on will have a significant market advantage,” she says.
4. The more you interact with AI tools, the better they cater to your business needs. By providing more input to the tool, you give it more threads to provide better outputs. “Consider AI as a new hire; the more content you provide in the beginning, the better able they are to serve your company.”
5. Think of AI as a partnership. You provide and edit the draft, and the tool provides speed and capability, complementing your creativity and expertise. “Make sure you never take what it spits out wholeheartedly; instead, double-check the material and resources and apply your own intellect through what it creates.”
"Those implementing AI really well are creating a terrific customer experience." – Dr. Lisa Plamer.