Small Business ShowsThe Small Business Show3 essential components for sellers that break through resistance – Victor Antonio

3 essential components for sellers that break through resistance – Victor Antonio

Being an entrepreneur or small business owner involves selling, but the question remains: how do you handle the obstacle of sales resistance? Victor Antonio, a motivational speaker with Sellinger Group, joins us on the latest episode of The Small Business Show to further discuss how salespeople can restore buyers’ confidence. 

Antonio is the host of the Sales Influence Podcast and a keynote speaker who has given speeches worldwide. He has shared the stage with several top business speakers and continues to consult other entrepreneurs throughout his three novels: Sales Ex Machina, Sales Models, and The Greatest Gift.  

Key Takeaways:

1. A survey conducted in 2011 by the CEB firm, which is now known as Gartner, revealed that consumers are 57% into the purchasing process when they make a decision. Leaving 43% for buyers to be resistant. 

2. Today, more consumers have access to information, but they lack confidence because they are confused, so it’s the salesperson’s responsibility to help in their “last mile.”

3. Antonio suggests that understanding the notion of trust is the first step towards restoring consumer confidence. Antonio further divides trust into three components: POV, SME, and BIIM.

4. First and foremost, salespeople need to consider their buyers’ point of view (POV). Here is where the caliber of the questions is essential.

5. Secondly, become a subject matter expert (SME). Salespeople need to establish their expertise and to do so, they need to offer insight—knowledge that goes beyond the obvious. 

6. Thirdly, salespeople should keep their buyers’ best interests in mind (BIIM), which suggests making recommendations. Data indicates customers want salespeople to advocate for them when they offer recommendations. “The most powerful recommendation has a because..,” asserts Antonio. 

7. When customers are in the last stretch of a buying decision, they’ll gravitate toward their salesperson for clarification, confirmation, and confidence. 

"Buyers today lack the buying confidence to make the last decision." – Victor Antonio

Did you know? ASBN America’s Small Business Network is now available to stream in over 70 million broadcasting households for users with Roku, Firestick, AppleTV, and mobile Android [download] and Apple IOS [download] devices.

ASBN Small Business NetworkASBN, from startup to success, we are your go-to resource for small business news, expert advice, information, and event coverage.

While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest business news know-how from ASBN.

Jaelyn Campbell
Jaelyn Campbell
Jaelyn Campbell is a staff writer/reporter for ASBN. She is a recent honors cum laude graduate with a BFA in Mass Media from Valdosta State University. Jaelyn is an enthusiastic creator with more than four years of experience in corporate communications, editing, broadcasting, and writing. Her articles in The Spectator, her hometown newspaper, changed how people perceive virtual reality. She connects her readers to the facts while providing them a voice to understand the challenges of being an entrepreneur in the digital world.

Related Articles