On this episode of The Atlanta Small Business Show, we talk with Doug Stephens who is the Founder of Retail Prophet and the author of two books including his latest, “Reengineering Retail: The Future of Selling in a Post-Digital World“. Prior to founding Retail Prophet, Doug spent over 20 years in the retail industry, holding senior international roles including the leadership of one of New York City’s most historic retail chains. His unique perspectives on retailing, business and consumer behavior have been featured in many of the world’s leading publications and media outlets including The New York Times, The BBC, Bloomberg Business News, and many others.
In this interview, we asked Doug the following questions. Tune-in above to find out his answers.
- Tell us about your background and how you became the Retail Prophet
- “Reengineering Retail: The Future of Selling in a Post-Digital World” – tell us about your latest book and the inspiration behind it
- Who is your target audience for this book?
- How can small business owners compete with online giants?
- Do you believe that small businesses can still succeed with a store front? Why or why not?
- What are some steps entrepreneurs can take to drive an amazing customer experience?
- What are the top 3 changes to the retail industry we’ll see in the next 5 years?
- What advice do you have for the entrepreneurs watching today to adapt to those changes?
To learn more about Doug or to purchase one of his books, please visit his website, retailprophet.com.
[Filmed on March 17, 2020]
The Atlanta Small Business Network, from start-up to success, we are your go-to resource for small business news, information, resources.
Follow us on Facebook here and stay up to date or catch-up on all our podcasts on demand.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest business news know-how from Atlanta Small Business Network.
This has been a JBF Business Media production.