No longer suited for just large corporations, artificial intelligence marketing is making waves among the small business community. Ask yourself, is it time to consider an AI marketing method for my business?
According to the latest report from Business Insider Intelligence, 51 percent of marketers currently use AI, and an additional 27 percent are expected to incorporate the technology by 2019. This 53 percent year over year growth makes AI the fastest growing marketing technology.
What is AI Marketing?
It is the strategy of applying customer data and AI concepts to anticipate the needs of your customer, and predict their buying habits to improve the overall customer journey.
The Three Key Components
- Big Data: This allows marketers to portion out large sets of data, in order to segment customers with no extra manual labor. This ensures that the right message gets to the right person, at the right time.
- Machine Learning: Helps make sense of the massive data archive businesses acquire. It also identifies trends and predicts commonalities in responses, reactions, and insights.
- Solutions: Can understand intrapersonal communication in the way humans do. They also interpret emotion and language, which is useful for specific audience targeting on social media, and email.
The Benefits to Your Ad Campaign
- Bring the target audience into focus
- Increase performance
- Stronger ROI
- Better search engine results
- More accurate advertising
- Programs continue to learn as they run
Some of the most distinguished examples of this technology in popular culture are Amazon’s cloud-based voice service Alexa, Google’s powerful speaker and voice assistant Google Home, and IBM’s AI program Watson.
Alexa available on millions of devices from not only from Amazon, but also devices manufactured by third parties. According to Amazon, with Alexa, you can build natural voice experiences that offer customers a more intuitive way to interact with the technology they use every day. Google Home offers similar features and functions, whereas IBM’s Watson is an intricate and comprehensive data storage, management, development system that knows your particular industry, and enhances your vision into practical application with the tools you already have.
AI methods are excellent additions to your overall marketing strategy, and will more than likely, be essential in keeping up with technology and data trends. If your business implements these processes for data organization, trend predicting, and audience targeting via social media, then your next advertising campaign will surely be a success.